We welcome your interest in having your child attend Bethel Christian Academy.
The Application Process
1. Schedule a tour by calling 301-725-4673.
2. Fill out the application for admission and return it to BCA Campus 1 with the Statement of Cooperation & Agreement and the processing fee. Although there is a rolling admissions policy, it is beneficial to return the completed application to the school office as soon as possible. Kindergarten students must be five by September 1. PreK students must be four by September 1. Preschool students must turn three by September 1 and be fully potty trained.
3. Entrance exam or skills assessment
a. For Preschool through Kindergarten, no testing is required; proceed to Step 4.
b. For 1st and 2nd grade, schedule an individual skills assessment.
c. For 3rd through 8th grade, a formal Entrance Exam is conducted on designated dates. Call the office for details.
NOTE: A student must earn a passing grade on the ENTRANCE EXAM or skills assessment in order to proceed with the Application Process. You will be contacted regarding your student’s results.
4. Have the student’s current school and pediatrician complete appropriate paperwork. Once the application, the Statement of Cooperation & Agreement, and the processing fee are received, you will receive a packet of additional enrollment forms. All correspondence from your child’s current school is to be mailed or faxed by the school directly to Bethel Christian Academy. Medical paperwork must be completed by the pediatrician and the parent and returned to Bethel Christian Academy.
5. Family Interview
When all necessary paperwork has been received and the student has passed the Entrance Exam or skills assessment, the admission file will be reviewed, and you will be contacted to schedule the family interview.
Please note that priority consideration is given to current students, children of BCA employees, and siblings of current students.
6. Notification letter is sent.
Parents are notified of acceptance by letter one to two weeks after the interview